Written by Greg Diamond.
If you notice pain running down the back of your lower calf and into your heel after a run or other sporting activity this could be a warning sign for Achilles tendinopathy.
Achilles tendinopathy can be uncomfortable, but with proper preparation, it is easily preventable. So what are some of the things you can do to help prevent Achilles tendinopathy? Here is your how to guide:
- Warm Up – A proper warm up is key to any physical activity. Besides getting oxygen and blood to your muscles, a properly structured warm up readies your mind for the activity ahead.
- Stretch & Strengthen
- Plyometrics – Jumping, skipping & bounding
- Balance – Challenge your balance and maintaining it
- Footwear – This is important for so many reasons
- Cool Down – Helps speed up recovery and gives your body time to make the transition from exercise to rest
- Rest – Avoid over training and overuse
Call us on 93843269 or click here to book online.