THIS IS A GLUTEAL ACTIVATION EXERCISE THAT IS GOOD TO INCLUDE IN A WARM UP.
IT COMBINES LATERAL MOVEMENT AND ANGULAR WORK REQUIRED IN MANY SPORTS. IT'S ALSO A GREAT EXERCISE FOR CHANGE OF DIRECTION ATHLETES INVOLVED IN DYNAMIC SPORT SUCH AS SOCCER, FOOTY OR BASKETBALL.
- The band can be placed above or below the knee to begin with
- Push down through the back leg and away using the same stance leg for propulsion
- Big to bigger motion through the legs means that there are no narrow feet at any point in this exercise
- Trunk stays strong and upright
- Movement is on a 45-degree angle (across and forwards) diagonally
- Then completed on a 45-degree angle (across and back)
We use a 5-10m area and complete 3-5 laps back and forth
To make the exercise more difficult the band can move lower down the leg, the movement can be completed quicker (more power) or complete it with a slightly heavier band