Eccentric Supine Hamstring Curl:
This exercise is particularly important for early to mid stage hamstring rehabilitation.
- Begin on the floor laying on your back with your feet on top of the ball.
- Position the ball so that when your legs are extended your ankles are on top of the ball. This will be your starting position.
- Raise your hips off of the ground, keeping your weight on the shoulder blades and your feet.
- Flex the knees, pulling the ball as close to you as you can, contracting the hamstrings.
- Lift one foot off the ball, with all your weight in one leg, slowly lower back down to start position. Aim to control the movement and keep hips still.